Friday 22 February 2013

Our Usual Friday Morning

Assalamualaikum & Jumma mubarak, loves!

I bought a half dozen Nescafe kotak last week & despite having a love-hate relationship with caffeine, I just couldn't resist from having them while doing my work at the office

Obviously, I never learned from my mistakes. I always had some troubles to sleep at nights & worse, woke up a few times, usually at 3.10 am & 5 am. My mind wandered aimlessly & there were times between reality & dreams, I remember saying or reciting some doas to put back myself to sleep

So yesterday, the cycle repeated. I had about 4 hours of sleep but since it was Friday & I love Fridays so much you have no idea, I forced myself to wake up early, take a shower & get myself ready for our weekly Friday activity. Another quality time spent with the Parents beside having them send me to the office every day

Yes, I'm spoilt like that. Hehe!

Me & my favourite shawl. Actually, tak ada lah favourite sangat tapi sebab shawls pun tak banyak, kita repeat pakai sudah

So, where did we, anak-beranak go?

To weekly Friday Kuliyyah at Medan Ilmu, Kota Bharu la. Where else? Takkan pagi-pagi Jumaat nak pergi tawaf PCB & makan udang & sotong celup goreng kot? :P

Our initial plan was to leave home at 8:15 am but since it's weekend & everybody is home, a breakfast secara berjemaah is a must. I had my usual nasi kerabu bungkus & my my, seminggu tu ada la 2,3 kali makan nasi kerabu. Kenapakah tidak bosan-bosan? -.-' Pukul 8:45 baru keluar rumah, maka sedikit struggle untuk mencari parking spot. We usually parked our car at free parking lots behind Bangunan Tabung Haji, next to Stesen Teksi

Ramai, like sokmo. Probably thousands. Alhamdulillah

The tazkirahs were delivered by Ustaz Azhariza & the Menteri Besar Kelantan, Tok Guru himself who just came back from umrah a few days ago. Tok Guru shared his umrah experiences & related the sirah of Nabi Muhammad saw with our situation to date. A bit of political talks inserted, as usual. Hehe!

Naik bulu roma when Tok Guru asked the hadirin to repeat after him 3 times these beautiful lines;

Labbaik Allah humma labbaik
Labbaik la sharika laka labbaik
Innal hamda
Wan-ni'mata
Laka walmulk
Laa sharika lah.

O my Lord, here I am at Your service, here I am.
There is no partner with You,
here I am.
Truly the praise
and the provisions are Yours,
and so is the dominion and sovereignty.

It was so beautiful, MasyaAllah having people from all walks of life being led by our beloved Tok Guru praising Allah The Creator on such a beautiful Friday morning. Indahnya bila kita meletakkan agama sebagai prioriti. Felt sebak tak semena-mena & I pray to Allah may He ease my niat to go to the Holy City one day with my Parents. Amin..

After the kuliyyah

For years, the Kelantaneses have been condemned, hated & given bad names by others. Orang kata, kerana nila setitik rosak susu sebelanga but such kind of hasty generalization is too much for us to bear sometimes. What's more with the political chaos, our rights have been denied etc. It's the blessing from Allah that we're seeking for & as long as we're on the right path, we pray may Allah make things easy for us. Amin.. 

Btw, if you plan to set you feet here in Kelantan, especially K.Bharu & ada kesempatan sampai sini on Friday, ambillah peluang untuk datang ke kuliyyah Jumaat ini di samping solat subuh berjemaah di Masjid Pulau Melaka, bersebelahan rumah Tok Guru. After solat Subuh, there will be parents waiting for MB to tahnikkan bayi mereka. No appointment required of course :)

Tak kenal maka tak cinta, begitu juga kami rakyat Kelantan. You may learn something about us here & hopefully, it will change the sickening long-installed perception about us. InsyaAllah 

Sesiapa pun boleh datang dan mendengar kuliah yang disampaikan. Kenny, seorang yang berbangsa Cina dan beragama budhha, turut sama mendengar kuliah yang sedang disampaikan oleh TGNA, sewaktu kuliah pagi jumaat di Medan Ilmu.

 Photo by Rizal Tahir

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...