Sunday 13 January 2013

Love & Betrayal

Assalamualaikum & happy Sunday, loves! How are you today?

This is the conversation between me & my Father in the car, on the way to the office this morning;

Abah: Internet tak ok ke?
Saya: Tak. Banyak minggu dah

A few phone calls had been made to TM Net but there is no progress yet so far. Of course there were times I felt so fed up & couldn't help myself to hate whoever the culprit for the internet cable thief. Don't they have anything better to do? And have they ever felt guilty & know the meaning of sins? Sigh!

Anyway, life without internet means I've got to find some alternative to keep my days go by without me spending much time on bed. I'm such a sleepyhead; I can sleep anytime regardless the abundant of hours of sleep I've qadha-ed earlier. Hehe! So, reading is one of the alternatives beside watching TV or movies, eating, playing The Sims or dotting my cats. And the grown up Suria think she has had enough of cheesy love novels & now opts for other genres of novels pulak. She said why she must bother to read other people's love stories when her own stories are no less than Romeo & Juliet versi budu? 

I'm exaggerating but you've got the point, alright?

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
Click here for book review

I have heard a lot of good reviews about Khaled Hosseini's 'The Kite Runner' but haven't had the chance to lay my hands on any of it. So, when my schoolmate, Ain recommended this book {when I paid her a visit at her grandparents' house, she just came back from Edinburgh for good at that time & brought home boxes of books! Heaven! }, I know I just have to read it. The book, however had to wait for about a year on the book shelf before I finally had the time to savour my times flipping its pages. Kalau dia pandai bercakap, probably it would have said, "What took you so long, Missy?! You no like me?!"

Hehe!

The book is good, 3.5/5. Would like to rate 4 or 5 but I seem to not agree on some parts. If you haven't read it; go, get a copy, read & have your own judgment because I'm not going to spoil it. I cried a bit though towards the ending because reading a letter from a father to his illegitimate child whom he denied her rights & sent her away to marry a man {a shoe maker I may add} who is about 25 years older than her is too heart wrenching! Imagine a betrayal from your father when you were just 15 & had nobody to stand up for you. Ok, dah spoilkan sikit. Cannot tahan. And yes Kakak, when you came to my room that night & saw my teary eyes, yes yes I was crying because of this book. Tsk!

Bosannya book review. Begitulah juga bosannya kehidupanku semenjak ketiadaan internet di rumah. Sekian


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...