Thursday 24 October 2013

Hari Ini Hari Khamis

Assalamualaikum & hallo everyone! How are you today? 

This post has been terperam in the inbox since 07/10. Since the internet at home had been away for holiday but eventually returned yesterday, I finally had the time to dig some old entries & plan to post them one by one. Gittewww mukadimah. Feeling super blogger sangat walhalnya blog warm warm nail -.-'

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- 07/10/2013

Before I went to the office yesterday, I stepped on the weighing scale & got myself surprised

44 kg! Oh wow!

But of course, that was the weight before I had my breakfast, lunch & dinner but still 44 freaking kg! WoohoO! When I started to diet & eat healthy a few months ago, I intentionally didn't want to put much pressure on myself. I just wanted to shed 3 kg & shut other people's mouth up (pardon moi for my language :P) of how physically I've changed. Suddenly everybody became concerned of my weight gain -.-'

I was born petite & the heaviest I had been was 44 kg. So, when I realized that I had been too far & my appetite had been out of control yakni 48 - 49 kg, of course I freaked out! I bid (temporary) goodbye to M&M, cookies & other junk food & restrict my nasi intake. It wasn't easy at first but fasting in Ramadhan had done such a big help to me. Gotta love fasting more!

 From L to R; 22/04/2013 - 05/05/2013 - 30/05/2013

18/10/2013, with Abam Kiki ;)

Now that I've got my ideal weight back, I've been less strict with my diet. I do have my cheat day once in while by letting myself enjoy those 'luxurious/sinful/evil' food :D

Anyway, here are 14 superb energy boosters;

1. Apples

"An apple has as much caffeine as a cup of coffee."  Heard that before? Well, it's not true; but fruits are great sources of energy. Full of carbs and vitamins, plus a little sugar, fruit will give you an instant boost. Apples in particular have a ton of fiber, which is a natural energizer.


2. Nuts 

A handful of nuts in the afternoon is a good way to wake yourself up. Nuts, like almonds and cashews, contain lots of protein and magnesium, which is a mineral that helps convert sugar into energy. Perfect!


3. Water

What a painfully obvious one, right? Water is essential to healthy body function and alertness. Studies have shown that even slight dehydration can be an energy sucker, and getting dehydrated is fairly easy. Guzzle water throughout the day to stay bright-eyed.


4. Chocolate

Duh. Chocolate is high in sugar and caffeine. While it's not the most nutritious option, it will do the trick. Opt for squares of dark chocolate for a healthier pep in your step.


5. Eggs

If you have a few minutes to scramble or hard boil a couple of eggs, you can give yourself a great jump start. Eggs are great sources of vitamin B and choline, which are known energy ampers, and give you bonus protein, omega-3s, and vitamin D.


6. Lean Meat 

Dig into any trimmed, lean meat (chicken, turkey, bison) for the essential protein, and you'll also receive plenty of energy-boosting tyrosine as a result.



7. Bananas 

Bananas are a blessing when you're on the go and short on time and/or money. Enjoy one of these carb-packed life-savers for a rapid energy boost that will get you off and running.



8. Brown Rice

You already know that rice is a great source of carbohydrates for providing optimal energy, but opting for the heart-healthy brown variety can also work wonders for you digestive system and help to alleviate stress.


9. Mango 

Mango is a fantastic source of energy thanks to its vitamins (B, C) and nutrients (calcium, potassium, zinc, folate) that break down food into plenty of energy for you to go the extra mile.


10. Oatmeal 


Oatmeal is packed with low-fat, heart-healthy carbohydrates, and it delivers calcium, potassium, magnesium, and even a bit of protein. Grab a spoon and dig in.


11. Broccoli

You probably know by now that broccoli fully lives up to its superfood label. If you're seeking any health benefit you can dream up, go ahead and assume broccoli is going to help you out. A desired energy boost in nothing this superhero veggie can't handle.


12. Soybeans

Soybeans are rich in B-vitamins, energy-maximizing carbohydrates, and fiber, as well as being a plentiful source of protein.


13. Pumpkin Seeds

 

A bag of pumpkin seeds will go a long way to getting you off on the right foot, because they are rich in protein, monosaturated fat, fiber and zinc.



14. Coffee


This one may seem like cheating the system, but it's not. A cup of coffee not only sends you into overdrive with caffeine, but it also works its magic to increase awareness when you're dragging and can boost physical performance.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...