Sunday 9 November 2014

Of Growing Up & Growing Old

Assalamualaikum & hi!

Amidst the wedding preparation between the excitement & headache, I can't keep myself from thinking about one thing; I'm now just a step away from being independent on my Parents

From 'Cik' to 'Puan', the difference is significant not only on the title per se. After the akad, the Parents' responsibility will be automatically shifted to the husband

Thinking about this makes me sad

I'm the youngest in the Family yet the one who spent most of my teenager years away from them, compared to my other siblings. Went to the (girls') boarding school since I was 13 & it was only 12 years later that I was totally done with school & uni. Which in some ways, has molded me to be a tough independent cookie yet sensitive

I know I'm not the only one person who has to go through the separation phase (so, that's one of the hikmah why I failed my MARA interview, I could attend public uni in Malaysia :P) but all those years spent away from home, I wish & pray to Allah that I can make it up now

Seeing the efforts my Parents have made for my wedding preparation, I know I will always be forever in debt to them. A child could never repay all the kindness & sacrifice of their Parents but he/she should try his/her best to make them happy. As long as time permits, may Allah ease my affairs, grant me enough rizq & the best state of health to fulfill my duty towards my Parents & make them happy. Amin ya rabbal alamin


31/10/2014, Kahfi Tomyam

Love your parents. We are so busy growing up that we often forget that they are also growing old

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...