Wednesday 13 May 2015

Window Shopping aka Berangan

Assalamualaikum & hi!

As blogged previously, A.H & his family are now preparing to move to their new house soon (after the renovation complete which be probably in the middle of June, InsyaAllah) which means .... I get to survey furniture & stuff for A.H & I's own territory i.e the bedroom! WoohOo!

A.H knows my taste so well & he's so kind to let me be his personal ID for our bedroom. Well, as if he has any other choice :P But still, shopping for furniture is so much fun! I've been visiting & spending so much time at the IKEA website lately, adding one thing after another to my cart as if I'm physically at the IKEA Damansara store. Hehe!

For the record, these are a few things that I've been eyeing at (with my personal Minister of Finance's approval, of course). Tepek sini dulu, so senang nak refer next time

BED FRAME
I'm always a big fan of white kerawang bed frame as it has this timeless girlish. So, when I saw this kind of bed frame (not difficult to guess that it's from IKEA) at some random pictures at Tumblr or Instagram, my inner girlish side screameddddd with delight!



I was in doubt on its sturdiness at first tapi bila dah try duduk atas tu during our visits to Ikea, macam ok je


BEDSIDE TABLES
A.H wants side tables with drawer(s), so that we can keep things inside while me, I want something pretty but practical which means, simple & can easily be moved around. So, senang nanti nak rearrange furniture dalam bilik even when A.H isn't around. Hehe!


LINDVED is also pretty but it doesn't have any drawer & macam senang je tumbang. Imagine having kid(s) as active as my 19 month-old nephew, Umar. Pheww!


TABLE LAMPS
These might not be necessary but I always like my bedroom lit by table lamp(s) as it gives the room a more calming vibe





WARDROBES
A.H wants customized wardrobes where there's a vanity/dresser in between (so thoughtful of my Husband to include one of my favourite things in his plan. Hehe!). Something like this but not exactly like this. You get the idea?


But me, on the other hand, like something simple mainly because we'll rarely spend our days there as A.H will be moving to K.Bharu soon, InsyaAllah. Since, barang pun tak banyak kat sana, I don't think we need to spend so much money on big wardrobes kan?

So, my personal picks are these;





VANITY/DRESSER
A.H & I agreed to not have a proper vanity/dresser for our new bedroom. Instead, we'll just have a multipurpose table which can function as both vanity/dresser & work table. We also plan to put a flat TV on the wall just above the table to replace a mirror & have a long mirror instead put on the other side of the wall. That's the initial plan but rasa macam tak cantik pulak buat macam tu. We'll see how it goes la nanti

IKEA doesn't actually offer many dressers in its catalog but these 2 caught my eyes


HEMNES

Tak pun, we just pair MALM dresser with this mirror. I have one like this in my bedroom at home
MIRROR
Beside bed & wardrobes, wall mirror is also important in every bedroom. Apalah ertinya kehidupan seorang wanita tanpa kehadiran cermin di sisi

My no. 1 pick is the first one on the left, UNG DRILL which really reminds me to the magic mirror used by Snow White's cruel step mother. Kan? Ke mirror dia dihiasi oleh tengkorak & tulang-temulang? Whatevesss. But still, it looks pretty to me. EKNE pun ok jugak, simpler than UNG DRILL



LONG MIRROR
Do you still need long mirror when you already have oval wall mirror, mirror di dalam washroom, mirror di dalam compact powder, serta mirror yang lain? Oh yes, why not? :P

These 2 are my favourite ones

I more prefer EKNE anyway as it can also be hung horizontally above the vanity while BRIMNES is more suitable to be placed in washroom, I think


RUGS
I know we can cheaper rugs with better quality than IKEA rugs. Nak-nak kalau beli kedai orang Pakistan kan? But I like these kinds of rugs


Ohoi! Seronoknya window shopping sambil dikelilingi oleh kerja-kerja ofis yang bertimbun -.-' Ok lah, nak sambung buat kerja. Bai Bye!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...