Sunday 28 May 2017

Maternity Leave Day 1

25/05/2017, Thursday. 38w7d
Final day at the Firm before my maternity leave

Assalamualakum & hallo! Ramadhan Mubarak everyone!

I decided to start my maternity leave a week early before my EDD (02/06/2017) & last Thursday was my final working day at the Firm. So, it officially means today is Day 1 of my maternity leave & I'm still not used to waking up late on weekdays whilst watching A.H gets dressed to leave for work. We usually left for work together, waving to each other in our cars side by side, but today it was only him who went to work while yours truly was still in her comfortable pajama.

But do I regret? The answer is a big NO! Lols!

To being able to go back to sleep & wake up a few hours later is such a privilege every pregnant working expecting woman really deserves. Getting enough rest & sleep is crucial for us, especially for a heavily 39w3d pregnant woman like me. And do you think we really could sleep like a log throughout the night? Getting a good night's sleep without being awaken at night due to back pain or feel uncomfortable is impossible. Huhu!

Tapi dok rumah pun bukan tido semata-mata. There's always something to do; kemas bilik la, kemas Confinement Room la, cuci bilik air la, tukar cadar la etc

I know every pregnancy is different & nobody should have compared one's experience with other's, especially to those who never experienced it herself/himself. Just because you or somebody you know has/had a smooth sailing pregnancy journey, it shouldn't be a general rule to other expecting moms out there. It would be totally unfair. Ada some people have to be warded for days/weeks due to their pregnancy complication, whilst there are some yang sihat walfiat macam tak pregnant pun siap boleh travel cuti-cuti abroad.

Me?

I think I'm a type of person who likes to challenge myself to be & look strong in front of others, no matter how this pregnancy affects me in some ways. I don't have any morning sickness, Alhamdulillah but I've my own fair share in that 'I don't want to eat / I don't know what to eat / I don't have any appetite to eat' department, especially during my first trimester. I don't like making people see me as a weak pregnant woman or making people feel kesian at me, although there were times I really wished that I could stay in bed or go home early. I didn't take any leave due to my pregnancy except sehari ambil half day. Tu pun rase, did I deserve it? 


 25/05/2017. 38w7d
With Wawa, one of the staff at the Firm who made my tough days bearable. Dia la yang teman makan, jalan-jalan, shopping & banyak share ilmu pasal motherhood. I hope she won't miss me too much nanti :P

I still went to the court even at my 8m pregnancy, tapi lepas tu malas dah sebab finding black & white formal outfits was such a challenge. Ketat sana ketat sini. Malu sis, you know? But I know a lawyer friend who conducted a hearing in the afternoon (amidst her contraction) before she left to the labour room & deliver her daughter a few hours later. She deserves my respect, like seriously girlfriend? You were really a supermom in a black robe & white bib!

But a thing for sure, getting this priceless opportunity to experience this roller coaster pregnancy ride towards the real motherhood chapter really makes me realize how amazing women can be. MasyaAllah. Macam mana lah mak-mak yang anak rapat-rapat & ramai? How do they manage the kids? Do they even get enough rest & sleep? The morning sickness, pain, being uncomfortable in anything we do, not getting good night's sleep etc; I don't think men could endure them all.

I asked A.H last night before our bedtime:-

S: Kenapa B tak pernah tanya kita sakit-sakit ni macam mana? (i.e the pelvic bone pain, Braxton Hicks etc)
A.H: Sebab kita paham
S: How do you know?
A.H: Kita dengar nurse borak-borak dengan patients
S: *rolls eyes*

Sebab tu syurga terletak pada keredhaan ibu kan? Now go & be nice to your parents, your mother especially! Bulan puasa ni, bagi duit belanja lebih sikit, insyaAllah besau pahala

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...