Friday 29 August 2014

The Engagement : The Hantaran


The Sister doing the last minute touch-up to the hantaran, 10/05/2014


Prior to my Engagement, I did a lot of studies on Instagram & on the internet, just to get some ideas of how I want my hantaran to be. I would really love to have fresh flowers as the decoration on the hantaran trays but after considering the factors that they are expensive & won't last long, we opted for artificial flowers instead

Since the theme colour was peach, the artificial flowers we chose were of bright & bold colours, a combination that I totally fond of. The decoration & plastic trays were bought from WS Handricaft, K.Bharu (in front of Pusat Perubatan An-Nisa), the same place where we bought the things for the DIY Engagement mini dais



For the hantaran, A.H & I agreed to exchange gifts/ which we deemed necessary so that we won't go overboard with our budget. Ours were just simple, nothing to boast about really but other people (especially the fiance/fiance-to-be) may have their own preferences when it comes to hantaran

From A.H
  • Ring 
  • Sireh Junjung
  • Bunga Telur 
  • Victoria's Secret Pure Daydream Fragrance Mist, Hand Lotion & Body Wash 
  • 2 pasang kain 
  •  Fruits 
  • Chocolates 
  • Cakes


    From me
    • Ring
    • Sireh Junjung
    • Kain baju melayu putih
    • Sampin
    • Sejadah
    • Red Velvet Cupcakes (I requested for Doctor+Lawyer theme. Hehe!)
    • Chocolates
    • Lup Chup (Thai dessert)

    The Sister did 90% of the hantaran decoration, so she deserves all the credits & thank yous I can't remember how much we spent on all the decoration items but DIY-ing is definitely cheaper than upah orang tolong decorate. Of course bayar mahai, outcome pun should be cantik ayte?

    Read the previous related posts on;
       
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...