Friday 21 November 2014

Getting Married : The Checklist 1.0

Assalamualaikum & hi! Jumma mubarak to everyone! May today be another blessed day, InsyaAllah

Since I downloaded a countdown app on my phone, my heart bet a little faster whenever I took a look at it. Today we have exactly 2 months 4 weeks & 2 days left before the wedding. InsyaAllah

Printscreen-ed on 20/11/2014

I know when no. 2 appears in front of the countdown, I will get nervous. Like seriously, where have all those months & days gone? Time flies too fast for my liking & we still have a list of stuff/things/preparation needs to be done

For the record, here is the progress of the preparation so far;

  • Bridal -- Went for the fitting on 30/10/2014. Need to go for another fitting soon sebab tak betul-betul finalize lagi which baju we're going to wear. Still waiting for them to come for the site visit & haven't finalized the design of the pelamin & decoration dalam bilik pengantin. Ok, this one sounds like banyak lagi tak settle homaigoddd but cool cool, I believe they know what they are doing. InsyaAllah everything will turn up good

  • Food Caterer -- Haven't finally finalized (note the adjective) on the final menu (again, the adjective). Need to call the Caterer & finalize everything asap. The thing is, although we have agreed on hiring the food caterer, the Mother still insists of having her friends come & cook some lauk-pauk. Having argument(s) with her is like sending a FB msg to PM's fan page. You can do so but  there's no guarantee that your wish/request will be heard. Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, lembutkanlah hati emakku. Aminnnn

  • Photographer -- Booked & confirmed but we haven't decided on the venue for the outdoor shooting. Not at the beach I think

  • Kursus Pra Perkahwinan -- Alhamdulillah, dah! Yayy! Both of A.H & I had attended it at 2 different venues, A.H was at Masjid Wilayah, KL on 25 & 26/10/2014 while mine was at Kompleks Islam Darulnaim on 10 & 11/10/2014

  • Invitation cards -- Sent to the printing shop last week & InsyaAllah, will be ready to be collected after 2 weeks which is at the end of this month. They haven't e-mailed me the draft yet anyway. Musim orang kahwin kot sekarang ni, sabar je la tunggu turn

  • HIV Test -- Haven't done a proper study on this (just so you know, I like googling things, even for the pettiest thing. Lawyer-ing skill in my veins :P) but I will probably take the test at the nearest Klinik Kesihatan while for A.H, he can do the test by himself & for himself. Huntunglahh

  • Hantaran -- 80% complete. Ke 70%? But we're almost there.InsyaAllah. Yet haven't decided on the hantaran decoration on the trays. I will just leave them to my Sister. Tqvm! :P

  • Doorgifts -- 30% done, yang ni kena speed up sikit nanti. While others prefer to do them at the very last minute melalui kerahan tenaga berskala besar, I prefer mine the other way around. I do most of the kerja-kerja pen-doorgift-an (excuse the word) alone, hence the need to apply the sikit-sikit lama-lama jadi bukit scheme. I have an OCD, thus the reason why I prefer to do them myself :P Tapi ada juga la nanti kena refer dengan the Mother

  • Marriage Documents -- At first, I thought I will deal with all the process & procedure all by myself, just like other brides-to-be but being a child to the former Tuan Kadhi, it looks like I won't have such opportunity as everything will be dealt by the Father (He was even malas to explain the procedure, "Abah buat semua nanti" was his answer -.-') Ok baiklah, Abah

  • The trays bearers aka dulang girls aka bridesmaids -- I'm actually having some dilemma on choosing my bridesmaid. I already have some names in mind but haven't actually officially asked them yet. And the colour of the bridesmaids' dresses, yang ini pun dilemma jugak sebab belum decide kan nanti nak pakai baju pengantin colour apa. Ok, I have another serious thing to seriously think about now T_T

  • Spa & such -- Non. No time for such luxury yet & due to stress at work & wedding preparation, my already non-flawless skin has become more non-flawless skin. Di harap tak menyusahkan mek andam nanti T_T

  • Persiapan untuk menjadi isteri solehah -- It's subjective :P

Anyway, we're now in the midst of renovating the toilet downstairs & the bridal room (was previously my Sister's before she moved to her own house recently). I honestly can't wait to fully transform the room & make it completely mine!

Still a big fan of white & bright rooms ♥ 


P/s: I do realise that this blog has been flooded with marriage talks & A.H lately. My sincere apology. Hehe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...